Map Layer for Use with Google Earth™
- National Pollutant Release Inventory (NPRI) Map Layer in Google Earth™ Format
- Tell us what you think / suggest corrections to facility coordinates
- Canadian Environmental Sustainability Indicators program (CESI) map layer in Google Earth™ Format
- North American Commission for Environment Cooperation (CEC) map layer in Google Earth™ Format
NPRI Map Layer in Google Earth™ Format
NPRI data is available in .KMZ format for use with Google Earth™ and other "virtual globe" software. To use Google Earth™ to view the location of facilities reporting to the NPRI, and their pollutant release, disposal and recycling information for the latest reporting year:
Image copyright 2009 Google Inc.
- Environment Canada is not able to provide technical support for any virtual globe software (including Google Earth™) or the NPRI Google Earth™ map layers in Google Earth™ format. There are, however, considerable resources available on the Web regarding use of virtual globe software.
- A facility's "Placemark" may not fall directly on the facility in Google Earth™, due to difference in map projections or errors in coordinates. Information on NPRIgeographic data quality is available here.
- The NPRI program makes a significant amount of information available. There are a few considerations to keep in mind when using the NPRIdata.
- An Internet connection of at least 128 kilobits per second is required to run Google Earth™. Other system requirements for running Google Earth™ can be found here. If your system does not meet these minimum requirements, NPRI data can also be searched by location using the NPRI Online Data Search.
- Default Language Setting: Google Earth™ can be used in French, English, and several other languages. For information on changing the default language setting in Google Earth™, please see section 8 of the help file available above.
Tell us what you think / Suggest corrections to facility coordinates:
How were you able to use this product in your organization or school? How do you think it could be improved? Do you have corrections to suggest for the latitudinal/longitudinal coordinates of a facility? Please contact us with your feedback.
Canadian Environmental Sustainability Indicators (CESI) program Google Earth™ Map Layers
The Canadian Environmental Sustainability Indicators (CESI) program provides data and information to track Canada’s performance on key environmental sustainability issues including climate change and air quality, water quality and availability, and protected nature. Various map layers in .kmz format for use with Google Earth™ that can be downloaded here.
Commission for Environmental Cooperation (CEC) Google Earth™ Map Layer
|The North American Commission for Environmental Cooperation (CEC)also provides a map layer for use with Google Earth™. The downloadable map file plots over 33 000 industrial facilities in Canada, the United States and Mexico that reported pollutant releases and transfers for the latest year for which information in all three is available.|
|Image copyright 2009 Google Inc.|
- Date modified: