Canada's Greenhouse Gas Emissions
Accurate and transparent monitoring, reporting and verification of Canada's greenhouse gas emissions and removals is a requirement of the United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change (UNFCCC). This is also key to demonstrating Canada's progress in reducing greenhouse gases and combating climate change.
Learn more about Canada’s national, provincial and facility-reported greenhouse gas emissions:
- Canada's Second Biennial Report on Climate Change
- Canada's Greenhouse Gas Inventory – Find out about Canada's total greenhouse gas emissions and removals at the national, provincial and sectoral level.
- National Inventory Report 1990-2014 - Executive Summary – Greenhouse Gas Sources and Sinks in Canada
- UNFCCC Submission – Access the latest National Inventory Submission
- Historical GHG emissions data – Get the data in various file formats
- Reported Facility Greenhouse Gas Data – Check out highlights from the latest reporting year and search the facility-reported emissions data.
- Overview of 2014 Greenhouse Gas Emissions – Summary of the facility-reported emissions data from the latest reporting year.
- Greenhouse Gas Emissions Reporting – Does your facility emit the equivalent of 50 000 tonnes or more of greenhouse gases (in carbon dioxide equivalent units) annually? Report your emissions here.
- Canada's Emissions Trends – Find out about scenarios of greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions projections in Canada.
- Canadian Environmental Sustainability Indicators – The Canadian Environmental Sustainability Indicators, which track the progress of the Federal Sustainable Development Strategy, reflect the latest greenhouse gas emissions information.
- Canada's 2016 greenhouse gas emissions Reference Case
- Proposed changes to facility GHG reporting – published on December 10, 2016
- Notice with respect to reporting of greenhouse gases (GHGs) for 2016 - published on December 10, 2016
- National Inventory Report 1990-2014: Greenhouse Gas Sources and Sinks in Canada - Executive Summary
- Greenhouse Gas Emissions Reported by Facilities – 2014 data release
- Canadian Environmental Sustainability Indicators program – GHG Indicators
- Date modified: