Help the Government of Canada organize its website!
Complete an anonymous 5-minute questionnaire. Start now.
Public Participation and Consultation.
Environment Canada is committed to engaging Canadians in the decisions that affect them. Consultations help us make program and policy decisions.
This section provides information on the full range of current departmental consultation activities, as well as links to public engagement opportunities from other government departments and agencies.
- Publication after screening assessment of a substance - Ethanol, 2-[(2-aminoethyl)amino]- (AEEA), CAS RN 111-41-1
- Publication after screening assessment of four cresol substances specified on the Domestic Substances List - phenol, methyl- (CAS RN 1319-77-3) [subsection 77(1) of the Canadian Environmental Protection Act, 1999] and phenol, 2-methyl- (CAS RN 95-48-7), phenol, 3-methyl- (CAS RN 108-39-4) and phenol, 4-methyl- (CAS RN 106-44-5) [paragraphs 68(b) and (c) of the Act]
- Publication after screening assessment of a living organism - Pseudomonas stutzeri (P. stutzeri) strain ATCC 17587
- Publication after screening assessment of a substance - Carbamic acid, ethyl ester (ethyl carbamate), CAS RN 51-79-6
- Management Plan for Wellers Bay National Wildlife Area
- Action Plan for the Green-scaled Willow (Salix chlorolepis) in Canada
- Action Plan for the Horned Grebe (Podiceps auritus), Magdalen Islands population, in Canada
- Recovery Strategy for the Colicroot (Aletris farinosa) in Canada
- Recovery Strategy for the Vole Ears Lichen (Erioderma mollissimum) in Canada
- Recovery Strategy for the Western Chorus Frog (Pseudacris triseriata), Great Lakes/ St. Lawrence' Canadian Shield Population, in Canada
- Order Declaring that the Reduction of Carbon Dioxide Emissions from Coal-fired Generation of Electricity Regulations do not apply in Nova Scotia
- Consultations on the draft Code of Practice to Reduce Fugitive Emissions of Total Particulate Matter and Volatile Organic Compounds from the Iron, Steel and Ilmenite Sector
- Consultations on the draft Code of Practice to Reduce Emissions of Fine Particulate Matter (PM2.5) from the Primary Aluminium Sector
- Publication after screening assessment of a living organism - Enterobacter aerogenes (E. aerogenes) strain ATCC 13048
- Publication after screening assessment of living organisms - Aspergillus awamori (A. awamori) strain ATCC 22342 (= A. niger ATCC 22342) and Aspergillus brasiliensis (A. brasiliensis) strain ATCC 9642
- Proposed Amendments to the Chromium Electroplating, Chromium Anodizing and Reverse Etching Regulations
- Action Plan for the Forked Three-awned Grass (Aristida basiramea) in Ontario
- Recovery Strategy for the Dense Blazing Star (Liatris spicata) in Canada
- Recovery Strategy for the Kentucky Coffee-tree (Gymnocladus dioicus) in Canada
- Recovery Strategy for the Pacific Water Shrew (Sorex bendirii) in Canada
- Recovery Strategy for the Sage Thrasher (Oreoscoptes montanus) in Canada
- Multi-sector Air Pollutants Regulations
- Management Plan for the Western Skink (Plestiodon skiltonianus) in Canada
- Management Plan for the Western Yellow-bellied Racer (Coluber constrictor mormon) in Canada
- Management Plan for the Mountain Beaver (Aplodontia rufa) in Canada
- Management Plan for the Nuttall's Cottontail nuttallii subspecies (Sylvilagus nuttallii nuttallii) in Canada
Links and Resources
For a list of consultations from selected other government departments and agencies, visit Consulting with Canadians.
See the Canada Gazette - Consultation for opportunities to comment on current proposed regulations.
- Date Modified: