Public Participation and Consultation
Environment and Climate Change Canada is committed to engaging Canadians in the decisions that affect them. Consultations help us make program and policy decisions.
This section provides information on the full range of current departmental consultation activities, as well as links to public engagement opportunities from other government departments and agencies.
Conversation on climate change
The Government of Canada has committed to engage with Canadians, including Indigenous Peoples, on the development of a Canadian plan to address climate change and create new opportunities in clean technology.
Join the conversation on how to reduce emissions, how to put a price on carbon, preparing for the impacts of climate change and innovative ideas for new technology and job creation.
- Consultation on Amending the List of Species under the Species at Risk Act : Terrestrial Species - January 2016
- Response Statement - Caribou, Newfoundland population
- Response Statement - Eastern Wolf
- Response Statement - Red-necked Phalarope
- Early stakeholder engagement to help inform the plan to address the remaining 1 550 substances under the Chemicals Management Plan
- Regulations Amending the Export of Substances on the Export Control List Regulations
- Order Amending Schedule 3 to the Canadian Environmental Protection Act, 1999
- Publication of Final Decision After Screening Assessment of a Substance - Carbamic acid, ethyl ester (ethyl carbamate), CAS RN 51-79-6- Specified on the Domestic Substances List (paragraphs 68(b) and (c) of the Canadian Environmental Protection Act, 1999)
- Proposed Guidelines for the Reduction of Nitrogen Oxide (NOx) Emissions from Natural Gas-fuelled Stationary Combustion Turbines
- Proposed Code of Practice for the Management of Air Emissions from Pulp and Paper Mills
- Code of Practice for the Management of Fine Particulate Matter (PM2.5) Emissions in the Potash Sector in Canada
- Action Plan for the Eastern Mountain Avens (Geum peckii) in Canada
- Action Plan for Multiple Species at Risk in Southwestern Saskatchewan: South of the Divide - 2016
- Regulations Amending Certain Regulations Made Under Sections 140, 209 and 286.1 of the Canadian Environmental Protection Act, 1999
- Tintamarre National Wildlife Area [Proposed]
- Portobello Creek National Wildlife Area Management Plan - 2016 [Proposed]
- Recovery Strategy for the Wood Bison (Bison bison athabascae) in Canada
- Comment on the draft 2016-19 Federal Sustainable Development Strategy
- Order Adding Toxic Substances to Schedule 1 to the Canadian Environmental Protection Act, 1999
- Proposed Regulations under the Canada Wildlife Act
- Proposed Regulations under the Environmental Violations Administrative Monetary Penalties Act
- Proposed Regulations under the Migratory Birds Convention Act, 1994
- Publication after screening assessment of a living organism - Saccharomyces cerevisiae (S. cerevisiae) strain F53 - specified on the Domestic Substances List (subsection 77(1) of the Canadian Environmental Protection Act, 1999)
- Proposed Code of Practice for the Environmentally Sound Management of End-of-life Lamps Containing Mercury
- Notice with respect to the availability of environmental occurrences notification agreements
- Regulations Amending the Export and Import of Hazardous Waste and Hazardous Recyclable Material Regulations
Links and Resources
For a list of consultations from other government departments and agencies, please visit Consulting with Canadians.
- Date modified: