Public Participation and Consultation
Environment and Climate Change Canada is committed to engaging Canadians in the decisions that affect them. Consultations help us make program and policy decisions.
This section provides information on the full range of current departmental consultation activities, as well as links to public engagement opportunities from other government departments and agencies.
Conversation on climate change
The Government of Canada has committed to engage with Canadians, including Indigenous Peoples, on the development of a Canadian plan to address climate change and create new opportunities in clean technology.
Join the conversation on how to reduce emissions, how to put a price on carbon, preparing for the impacts of climate change and innovative ideas for new technology and job creation.
- Tway National Wildlife Area Management Plan - 2016 [Proposed]
- John Lusby Marsh National Wildlife Area Management Plan - 2016 [Proposed]
- Consultation on Amending the List of Species under the Species at Risk Act : Terrestrial Species - January 2016
- Response Statement - Caribou, Newfoundland population
- Response Statement - Eastern Wolf
- Response Statement - Red-necked Phalarope
- Action Plan for the Long's Braya (Braya longii) and the Fernald's Braya (Braya fernaldii) in Canada
- Publication of results of investigations for 640 substances specified on the Domestic Substances List [paragraph 68(b) of the Canadian Environmental Protection Act, 1999]
- Proposed prioritization approach for nanoscale forms of substances on the Domestic substances list
- Publication after screening assessment of Boric acid, its salts and its precursors, including those specified on the Domestic Substances List (paragraphs 68(b) and 68(c) or subsection 77(1) of the Canadian Environmental Protection Act, 1999)
- Proposed Changes to the National Pollutant Release Inventory (NPRI) Reporting Requirements for Polycyclic Aromatic Hydrocarbons
- Pointe-au-Père National Wildlife Area Management Plan - 2016 [Proposed]
- Recovery Strategy for the Pacific Gophersnake (Pituophuis catenifer catenifer) in Canada [Proposed]
- Recovery Strategy for the Northern Leopard Frog (Lithobates pipiens), Rocky Mountain population in Canada [Proposed]
- Recovery Strategy for the Blue-grey Taildropper (Prophysaon coeruleum) in Canada [Proposed]
- Management Plan for the Coastal Tailed Frog (Ascaphus truei) in Canada [Proposed]
- Regulations Amending the Off-Road Small Spark-Ignition Engine Emission Regulations
- Publication after screening assessment of coal tars and their distillates on the Domestic Substances List (paragraphs 68(b) and 68(c) or subsection 77(1) of the Canadian Environmental Protection Act, 1999)
- Notice of intent to amend the Domestic Substances List under subsection 87(3) of the Canadian Environmental Protection Act, 1999 to indicate that subsection 81(3) of that Act applies to the substance ethanol, 2-[(2-aminoethyl)amino]-, also known as AEEA
Consulting with Canadians
For a list of consultations from other government departments and agencies, please visit Consulting with Canadians.
Open dialogue: Interact with open government experts and enthusiasts and share your ideas for new innovative approaches to open government.
- Date modified: