On this page, you will find a complete listing of speeches and transcripts issued in the last twelve months. The Speeches Archive, accessible above right, lists speeches and transcripts issued more than twelve months ago.
- Minister Aglukkaq’s remarks at Environment Canada’s Ontario Storm Prediction Centre
Thank you for joining me today on what has been a very interesting tour. And a special thanks to David and your team for taking the time to demonstrate to me the vital role this centre plays in public safety. With the severe weather season this summer, still ongoing, it is fitting to begin here at Environment Canada’s Ontario Storm Prediction Centre.
- Minister Kent’s remarks announcing Canada's intention to align with Proposed United States Tier 3 transportation standards
First off, I’d like to thank Mr. Ichii from Toyota and this dealership for their hospitality and allowing us to be here today. Thank you.
- Minister Kent’s remarks at the 2013 Joint Scientific Congress of the Canadian Meteorological and Oceanographic Society, Canadian Geophysical Union and the Canadian Water Resources Association
This is quite an event! This is the first time ever that the “big three”—Canadian Meteorological and Oceanographic Society (CMOS), Canadian Geophysical Union (CGU) and the Canadian Water Resources Association (CWRA)—have come together for a joint scientific congress.
- Minister Kent’s speech in Brussels, Belgium, during his European tour
Thank you for taking the time to be here this morning. My name is Peter Kent, Canada's Minister of the Environment. I am in Europe this week meeting with colleagues to discuss environmental strategies, challenges and to advance shared goals on the environment. I am also taking this opportunity to tell Canada's story, to convey what we are facing and what we are doing about it, as well as the progress we are making in protecting our environment.
- Launch of the Oil Sands Joint Data Portal
OTTAWA, ON -- April 22, 2013 -- / OTTAWA, ON -- le 22 avril 2013 -- Good morning, and I want to take this opportunity to wish all Canadians a Happy Earth Day. Taking care of our environment is a responsibility we take on every day and each in our own way, whether through school programs, in our work-places or in our homes. But Earth Day is special.
- Minister Kent’s remarks announcing additional funding to enable climate change action in developing countries
Thank you for joining me here today. I am in Washington this week to meet with my colleagues from key countries to discuss how we can make progress on a new post-2020 international climate change agreement that will be applicable to all parties, including all major emitters.
- Minister Kent’s remarks announcing 2012-2013 projects under the Great Lakes Sustainability Fund on World Water Day
It is a pleasure to be here in Niagara today on United Nations World Water Day, a day when we are encouraged to reflect on the importance of our water resources globally, and how to protect them. Each and every day, water lies at the centre of our physical and economic well-being whether it be fresh drinking water or transportation and recreation opportunities like the storied Maid of the Mist here in Niagara Falls.
- Minister Kent’s remarks at the European Union–Canada Going Green Conference
Thank you Ambassador Brinkmann for that kind introduction. On behalf of the Government of Canada, I am delighted to participate in this timely discussion on the advancement green economy initiatives.
- Minister Kent’s remarks at AMERICANA, International Environmental Technology Trade Show and Conference
Good morning everyone and to those of you who have travelled from other countries—welcome to Canada. This year’s Country of honour is Belgium. This distinction is well-earned for setting the pace on environmental issues, innovation and leadership.
- Minister Kent speech to the Vancouver Board of Trade
Thank you for invitation to speak with you today. I have great respect for the Board of Trade as well as great personal fondness for Vancouver. I lived here as a young man and started my career as a journalist at CJOR, a radio station that broadcast from the basement of the old Grosvenor Hotel on Granville.
- Minister Kent’s Speech at the Tsunami Debris Funding Announcement
Good morning. I would like to acknowledge the presence of the Japanese Consul-General.
- Minister Kent’s remarks at the Global Methane Initiative Expo 2013 in Vancouver, B.C.
Good morning and welcome to the first Global Methane Initiative Expo to be held in North America.
- Announcement of the Publication of Heavy Duty Vehicle and Engine Greenhouse Gas Emissions Regulations
Announcement of the Publication of Heavy Duty Vehicle and Engine Greenhouse Gas Emissions Regulations
- Speech for The Honourable Peter Kent, P.C., M.P., Minister of the Environment, Guelph Chamber of Commerce.
Guelph, Ontario -- January 25, 2013 -- Good afternoon. I am delighted to be here today to speak with all of you.
- Minister Kent’s Remarks to the Sault Ste. Marie Rotary Club
Good afternoon. I am delighted to be here today to speak with all of you.
- MP Van Loan’s remarks, on behalf of Minister Kent, on the Lake Simcoe/South-eastern Georgian Bay Clean-up Fund
Thank you and good morning. I am pleased to join you here on the shore of Lake Simcoe to announce another important step forward in Canada’s Federal Action Plan for Clean Water.
- Date Modified: