Canada's Greenhouse Gas Emissions
Monitoring, Reporting and Verification of Greenhouse Gas Sources and Sinks
Canada is committed to tackling climate change through sustained action to build a low-carbon economy that includes reaching a post 2020 global climate change agreement, working with our North American partners and taking action domestically.
Accurate and transparent monitoring, reporting and verification of Canada's greenhouse gas emissions and removals is a requirement of the United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change. This is also key to demonstrating Canada's progress in reducing greenhouse gases and combating climate change.
Learn more about Canada’s national, provincial and facility-reported greenhouse gas emissions:
- Canada’s Greenhouse Gas Inventory - Find out about Canada's total greenhouse gas emissions and removals at the national, provincial and sectoral level.
- National Inventory Report 1990-2011: Greenhouse Gas Sources and Sinks in Canada
- Reported Facility Greenhouse Gas Data – Check out highlights from the latest reporting year and search the facility-reported emissions data.
- Overview of 2011 Greenhouse Gas Emissions - Summary of the facility-reported emissions data from the latest reporting year.
- Greenhouse Gas Emissions Reporting - Does your facility emit the equivalent of 50 000 tonnes or more of greenhouse gases (in carbon dioxide equivalent units) annually? Report your emissions here.
- Canadian Environmental Sustainability Indicators – The Canadian Environmental Sustainability Indicators, which track the progress of the Federal Sustainable Development Strategy, reflect the latest greenhouse gas emissions information.
- Date Modified:
- National Inventory Report 1990-2011: Greenhouse Gas Sources and Sinks in Canada - Executive Summary
- Greenhouse Gas Emissions Reporting Program – 2011 data release
- Canadian Environmental Sustainability Indicators program – GHG Indicators
- Submit greenhouse gas facility reports for the 2012 calendar year via Environment Canada's Single Window system
- Notice with respect to reporting of greenhouse gases (GHG) for 2012 - published on September 22, 2012