Related Verification Links
- Good Practice Guidance and International Standards
- Verification Requirements and Guidance for Greenhouse Gas Programs
- Other Related Links
- CSA Standards: CAN / CSA – ISO 14064-3: 2006- Specification with guidance for the validation and verification of greenhouse gas assertions - Adopted without modification of the identically titled ISO (International Organization for Standardization) Standard ISO 14064-3.
- International Organization for Standardization - ISO 14065:2007- Requirements for greenhouse gas validation and verification bodies for use in accreditation of other forms of recognition.
- Canadian Institute of Chartered Accountants (CICA) Handbook - Assurance- Assurance guidance for practitioners for engagements in which a specific level of assurance is required.
- International Standard on Assurance Engagements (ISAE) 3000 - Assurance Engagements Other Than Audits or Reviews of Historical Financial Information - Auditing and assurance standard prepared by the International Auditing and Assurance Standards Board for use by all professional accountants.
Verification Requirements and Guidance for Greenhouse Gas Programs
As the organizations that maintain these sites may not be subject to the Official Languages Act, the information found may be presented only in the language in which it was written.
- Alberta Environment - Access information on the verification requirements for Alberta Environment's Specified Gas Emitters Regulation and the Alberta-based Carbon Offset Market.
- British Columbia Ministry of Environment - Access British Columbia’s climate change legislation and verification requirements.
- Ontario Ministry of the Environment - Access Ontario's climate change legislation and verification requirements.
- Gouvernement du Québec, Développement durable, Environnement et Parcs [available in French only] - Access information on programs in Québec and their verification requirements.
North American Programs
- Chicago Climate Exchange (CCX): Offset Program- Access the CCX Offset Program verification requirements and learn how to become a CCX-approved verifier.
- Climate Action Reserve (CAR)- Access verification requirements for CAR projects and information on CAR accreditation requirements.
- Voluntary Carbon Standard (VCS)- Access verification requirements for VCS projects.
- The Climate Registry (TCR)- Access verification requirements for reported greenhouse gas emissions data to TCR’s voluntary reporting program.
- Western Climate Initiative (WCI)- Access the WCI’s developing requirements for verification.
- California Air Resources Board (CARB)- Access the verification requirements for the CARB Mandatory Reporting of Greenhouse Gas Emissions Regulation.
- European Union Emission Trading Scheme (EU ETS)- Access the verification requirements for the EU ETS.
- European Co-Operation for Accreditation- Access EA-6/03 - Guidance for Recognition of Verification Bodies under the EU ETS Directive.
- Clean Development Mechanism (CDM)- Access the CDM Validation and Verification Manual.
Other Related Links
- International Standard on Assurance Engagements (ISAE), Auditing a Greenhouse Gas Statement - International Auditing and Assurance Standards Board's (IAASB) auditing and assurance standard for auditing a greenhouse gas statement (under development).
- Date Modified: