Greenhouse Gas Emissions Quantification Guidance
A greenhouse gas inventory accounts for the amount of greenhouse gases emitted to or removed from the atmosphere due to human activities over a specific period of time. Inventories can be compiled by a country, by a province, by an organization or a facility, or by an individual.
Greenhouse gas emissions quantification and reporting should be based on the emission quantification methods that are most appropriate for your industry or application and should be complete, consistent, transparent and accurate. Quantification of greenhouse gas emissions for inclusion in an inventory is a multi-step process which includes:
- identification of all anthropogenic greenhouse gas sources and sinks;
- selection of measurement, calculation or estimation approach;
- selection and collection of activity data;
- selection or development of greenhouse gas emission or removal factors; and
- application of the calculation methodologies to quantify greenhouse gas emissions and/or removals.
In This Section
This section contains information and guidance to assist when quantifying greenhouse gas emissions, whether for a national inventory, facility reporting.
- Date modified: