National Pollutant Release Inventory
Tracking Pollution in Canada
The National Pollutant Release Inventory (NPRI) is Canada's legislated, publicly accessible inventory of pollutant releases (to air, water and land), disposals and transfers for recycling. It is a key resource for:
- identifying pollution prevention priorities;
- supporting the assessment and risk management of chemicals, and air quality modelling;
- helping develop targeted regulations for reducing releases of toxic substances and air pollutants;
- encouraging actions to reduce the release of pollutants into the environment; and
- improving public understanding.
For the 2014 year, 7720 facilities reported to the NPRI on 343 listed substances.
Resources for accessing, analyzing and interpreting information on pollutant releases and transfers in Canada.
Information for owners or operators of facilities required to report to the National Pollutant Release Inventory.
NPRI Data Search
Find out about pollutant releases and transfers in Canada
National Pollutant Release Inventory (NPRI) Highlights
- Preliminary 2015 NPRI Data Now Available
- 2015 Reporting Module for NPRI and Partners is Now Available
- The Overview of Reviewed Facility-Reported Data of the National Pollutant Release Inventory (NPRI) 2014 is now available!
- Guide for Reporting to the NPRI for 2016 and 2017
National Pollutant Release Inventory Downloadable Datasets and Mapping Products
- Date modified: