This page has been archived on the Web
Information identified as archived is provided for reference, research or recordkeeping purposes. It is not subject to the Government of Canada Web Standards and has not been altered or updated since it was archived. Please contact us to request a format other than those available.
ARCHIVED - Off-Road Compression-Ignition Engine Emission Regulations
Discussion Draft - subject to review
APPLICATION FOR AUTHORIZATION TO APPLY THE NATIONAL EMISSIONS MARK
6. (1) Any company that intends to apply a national emissions mark in relation to an engine shall apply to the Minister to obtain an authorization.
(2) The application shall be signed by a person who is authorized to act on behalf of the company and shall include
- (a) the name and street address of the head office of the company and, if different, its mailing address;
- (b) a statement that the company is seeking to obtain the authorization to apply the national emissions mark under the Off-Road Compression-Ignition Engine Emission Regulations;
- (c) the street address of the location at which the national emissions mark will be applied; and
- (d) information to show that the company is capable of verifying compliance with the standards set out in these Regulations.
NATIONAL EMISSIONS MARK
7. (1) The national emissions mark is the mark set out in the schedule.
(2) The national emissions mark shall be at least 7 mm in height and 10 mm in width.
(3) The national emissions mark shall be located
- (a) on or immediately next to the emission control information label referred to in paragraph 15(d); or
- (b) if there is no such label applied to the engine, in a visible, readily accessible location.
(4) The national emissions mark shall be on a label that
- (a) is permanently applied;
- (b) is resistant to or protected against any weather condition; and
- (c) bears inscriptions that are legible and indelible and that are indented, embossed or in a colour that contrasts with the background of the label.
(5) A company that has been authorized to apply the national emissions mark shall display the identification number assigned by the Minister in figures that are at least 2 mm in height, immediately below or to the right of the national emissions mark.
- Date modified: