Cost Recovered Data Service
For those needing meteorological data on a 24/7 operational basis, Environment Canada’s Canadian Meteorological Centre (CMC) offers an internet delivery service called a Secured File Transfer Protocol (SFTP).
Examples of available data include:
- Computer model data in a GRIdded Binary (GRIB) format for specific parameters and domains (down to hourly values), or point specific;
- Unprocessed radar data for Canadian radars, as:
- Digital Outputs – of radar echoes or precipitation (in ASCII format)
- Full Doppler volume scans data (in IRIS format);
- Meteorological maps;
- Text form bulletins; and
- Most of the data available on the free http server.
The internet SFTP push delivery is available on a monthly basis for a fee, and includes 24/7 support. CMC also offers a de-archiving service for past model data.
If you are interested in obtaining a data feed from CMC, please contact us.
- Date Modified: