Fill in the Blanks
Fill in the blank space with the term that matches the description.
1. An apparent force that deflects the winds to the right in the Northern hemisphere (two words)
2. Area of high pressure where winds move clockwise out of it in the northern hemisphere
3. A horizontal transport of atmospheric properties by the winds
4. The counter-clockwise movement of air around a low pressure system in the northern hemisphere.
5. An intense downdraft of air that spreads on the ground, causing changes in wind direction and speed
6. Area of low pressure where winds move counter-clockwise into it
7. Belts of winds on either side of the equator (two words)
8. The direction from which the winds blow most frequently during a given period of time (two words)
9. Breeze which blows from the sea or lake to the land (two words)
10. A strong wind with speeds ranging from 63 to 87 kilometres an hours
11. A counter-clockwise change in wind direction, such as from the southwest to the south.
12. Sudden increase in wind speed which usually lasts for less than 20 seconds.
13. Sudden strong winds which lasts a few minutes, generally associated with thunderstorms
14. A class of winds that become warm and dry as they flow down the slopes of a mountain range
15. Mixture of the gases that make up the atmosphere
16. Swirling currents of air within the main flow
17. Lines on weather maps which connect points of equal pressure
18. A column of comparatively cooler air that sinks rapidly toward the ground
19. Unit of speed equal to one nautical mile per hour or 1.9 kilometres per hour
20. Clockwise change in wind direction, such as from the southwest to the west.
Other games and activities
- Date modified: