Letter of authorization to conduct damage or danger (D or D) permit activities on private property
This information is to be attached to any permit request involving a Land Manager (see definition below) acting on behalf of a Landowner/Lessee.
- Form needs to be filled out first and then printed, after which your signature should be added manually.
- Don't click on the browser's refresh button unless you want to reset the entire form.
- If content exceeds textbox, it won't print.
Authorization Form for Land Management Under the Migratory Birds Regulations
The Migratory Birds Regulations allow permits to be issued to a landowner or land manager. The term "land manager" is interpreted to include:
- a) a person who rents or leases specified lands or properties;
- b) a person who has been authorized in writing to act as land manager for the purposes of migratory bird management on specified lands or properties; and/or,
- c) a person who is the chair, coordinator, or signatory to a Canadian Wildlife Service-approved management plan, including municipalities and other large-scale landowners.
Permits may be granted on the condition that permission is obtained from the landowner or land manager for any activities proposed on private lands.
Please fill out the following page for each location listed on your permit application as per b) and c) above, and include it with your application for review.
Landowner, land manager* or lessee
I, the undersigned landowner, land manager or lessee, hereby:
- attest that the damage and/or danger being caused by migratory birds is serious;
- authorize the designated permit applicant/holder to act on my behalf for the purposes of migratory bird management and/or in support of the implementation of a migratory bird management plan; and, grant permission to the aforementioned permit holder to access my property (specified below) in order to conduct the permitted activities for the duration of the permit term.
* Manager here refers to an organization or individual responsible for management of all aspects of the land/property and does not include the individual authorized to manage the land/property for migratory birds only.