This page has been archived on the Web
Information identified as archived is provided for reference, research or recordkeeping purposes. It is not subject to the Government of Canada Web Standards and has not been altered or updated since it was archived. Please contact us to request a format other than those available.
Acrylonitrile (Notice Completed)
Pollution Prevention Planning Notices
Notice Requiring the Preparation and Implementation of Pollution Prevention Plans in Respect of Acrylonitrile
On May 24, 2003, the Minister of the Environment published a Notice under Part 4 of the Canadian Environmental Protection Act, 1999 (CEPA 1999) requiring the preparation and implementation of pollution prevention plans for acrylonitrile. This Notice published in Part I of the Canada Gazette targets persons involved in the manufacture of synthetic rubber, where such manufacture uses acrylonitrile and results in releases of acrylonitrile to the environment.
The Notice outlines the requirement to prepare and implement pollution prevention plans for acrylonitrile and includes forms to be completed by persons subject to the Notice.
- Notice Requiring the Preparation and Implementation of Pollution Prevention Plans in Respect of Acrylonitrile (Canada Gazette, Part I, Saturday, May 24, 2003; Vol. 137, No. 21, p. 1489)
The Notice was developed following consideration of comments received on the Working Document and Proposed Notice (published in the Canada Gazette, Part I, Saturday, May 25, 2002; Vol. 136, No. 21, p. 1546).
For all technical inquiries regarding the content of this Notice, please contact:
Chemical Products Division
For all inquiries regarding this Notice, please contact:
Regulatory Innovation and Management Systems
c/o Innovative Measures Section
351 St-Joseph Blvd., 20th Floor
Gatineau, Quebec K1A 0H3
Telephone (toll free): 1-844-580-3637
Fax: 819-420-7386 / 1-844-580-3638
Pollution Prevention Planning Notice Toolkit
- Report Online for Notice
- Instructions Specific to Notice
- Request for Time Extensions Granted by Environment Canada
- Proposed Notice (published in the Canada Gazette, Part I, Saturday, May 25, 2002; Vol. 136, No. 21, p. 1546)
- Working Document
- Fact Sheet – Acrylonitrile
- Other Pollution Prevention Planning Support Tools
- Management of Toxic Substances: Acrylonitrile
- Date modified: