This page has been archived on the Web
Information identified as archived is provided for reference, research or recordkeeping purposes. It is not subject to the Government of Canada Web Standards and has not been altered or updated since it was archived. Please contact us to request a format other than those available.
Textile Mills that Use Wet Processing (Notice Completed)
Pollution Prevention Planning Notices
Notice Requiring the Preparation and Implementation of Pollution Prevention Plans in Respect of Effluents from Textile Mills that Use Wet Processing (TMEs) and Nonylphenol (NP) and its Ethoxylates (NPEs)
On December 4, 2004, the Minister of the Environment published a Notice under Part 4 of the Canadian Environmental Protection Act, 1999 (CEPA 1999) requiring the preparation and implementation of pollution prevention plans in respect of effluents from textile mills that use wet processing (TMEs) and nonylphenol (NP) and its ethoxylates (NPEs).
This Notice outlines the requirements to prepare and implement pollution prevention plans for textile mills that use wet processing and includes forms to be completed by persons subject to the Notice.
- Notice requiring the preparation and implementation of pollution prevention plans in respect of effluents from textile mills that use wet processing (TMEs) and nonylphenol (NP) and its ethoxylates (NPEs) (Canada Gazette, Part I, Saturday, December 4, 2004; Vol. 138, No. 49, p. 3522)
The Notice was developed following consideration of comments received on the Working Document and Proposed Notice (published in the Canada Gazette, Part I, Saturday, June 7, 2003; Vol. 137, No. 23, p. 1673).
For all technical inquiries regarding the content of this Notice, please contact:
For inquiries regarding reporting and pollution prevention practices, please contact:
Regulatory Innovation and Management Systems
c/o Innovative Measures Section
351 St-Joseph Blvd., 20th Floor
Gatineau, Quebec K1A 0H3
Telephone (toll free): 1-844-580-3637
Fax: 819-420-7386 / 1-844-580-3638
Pollution Prevention Planning Notice Toolkit
- Proposed Notice (published in the Canada Gazette, Part I, Saturday, June 7, 2003; Vol. 137, No. 23, p. 1673)
- Working Document
- Response to Stakeholders' Comments
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) - Pollution Prevention Planning Requirements at Wet Processing Textile Mills
- Other Pollution Prevention Planning Support Tools
- Management of Toxic Substances:
- Date modified: