This page has been archived on the Web
Information identified as archived is provided for reference, research or recordkeeping purposes. It is not subject to the Government of Canada Web Standards and has not been altered or updated since it was archived. Please contact us to request a format other than those available.
Dichloromethane (Notice Completed)
Pollution Prevention Planning Notices
Notice Requiring the Preparation and Implementation of Pollution Prevention Plans in Respect of Dichloromethane
On November 29, 2003, the Minister of the Environment published a Notice under Part 4 of the Canadian Environmental Protection Act, 1999 (CEPA 1999) requiring the preparation and implementation of pollution prevention plans for dichloromethane. This Notice published in Part I of the Canada Gazette targets persons involved in the use of dichloromethane for the following activities: aircraft paint stripping; flexible polyurethane foam blowing; pharmaceuticals and chemical intermediates manufacturing and tablet coating; industrial cleaning; and adhesive formulations.
The Notice outlines the requirement to prepare and implement pollution prevention plans for dichloromethane and includes forms to be completed by persons subject to the Notice.
- Notice Requiring the Preparation and Implementation of Pollution Prevention Plans in Respect of Dichloromethane (Canada Gazette, Part I, Saturday, November 29, 2003; Vol. 137, No. 48, p. 3718)
The Notice was developed following consideration of comments received on the Working Document and the Proposed Notice (published in the Canada Gazette, Part I, Saturday, August 31, 2002; Vol. 136, No. 35, p. 2711).
For all technical inquiries regarding the content of this Notice, please contact:
Chemical Products Division
For inquiries regarding reporting and pollution prevention practices, please contact:
Regulatory Innovation and Management Systems
c/o Innovative Measures Section
351 St-Joseph Blvd., 20th Floor
Gatineau, Quebec K1A 0H3
Telephone (toll free): 1-844-580-3637
Fax: 819-420-7386 / 1-844-580-3638
Pollution Prevention Planning Notice Toolkit
- Report Online for Notice
- Instructions Specific to Notice
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ): Pollution Prevention Planning Requirements for Dichloromethane
- Request for Time Extension Granted by Environment Canada
- Proposed Notice (published in the Canada Gazette, Part I, Saturday, August 31, 2002; Vol. 136, No. 35, p. 2711)
- Working Document
- Draft Code of Practice
- Code of Practice for the Reduction of Dichloromethane Emissions from the Use of Paint Strippers in Commercial Furniture Refinishing and Other Stripping Applications
- Notice with respect to dichloromethane (methylene chloride) -- (published in the Canada Gazette, Part I, Saturday, February 28, 2004; Vol. 138, No. 9, p. 409)
- Other Pollution Prevention Planning Support Tools
- Management of Toxic Substances: Dichloromethane
- Date modified: