Information identified as archived on the Web is for reference, research or recordkeeping purposes. It has not been altered or updated after the date of archiving. Web pages that are archived on the Web are not subject to the Government of Canada Web Standards. As per the Communications Policy of the Government of Canada, you can request alternate formats on the Contact Us page.
Help the Government of Canada organize its website!
Complete an anonymous 5-minute questionnaire. Start now.
Learn about Environment Canada's involvement in improving the environmental monitoring in the oil sands region.
Reports and Documents
Integrated Oil Sands Environment Monitoring Plan
- Joint Canada-Alberta Implementation Plan for Oil Sands Monitoring (PDF; 1.5 MB*)
- An Integrated Oil Sands Environment Monitoring Plan (PDF; 2.1 MB*)
- Air Quality Component (PDF; 1.5 MB*)
- Expanded Geographic Extent for Water Quality and Quantity, Aquatic Biodiversity and Effects, and Acid Sensitive Lake Component(PDF; 2.6 MB*)
- Terrestrial Biodiversity Component (PDF; 2.5 MB*)
Response to Alberta's Draft Lower Athabasca Monitoring Plan
- Government of Canada Response to Alberta’s DraftLower Athabasca Regional Plan (PDF; 91 KB*)
- Letter from the Deputy Minister, Environment Canada to the Deputy Minister, Alberta Sutainable Resource Development on Alberta's DraftLower Athabasca Regional Plan (PDF, 33 KB*)
Water Quality Monitoring (Phase 1)
- A Foundation for the Future: Building an Environmental Monitoring System for the Oil Sands
- Lower Athabasca Water Quality Monitoring Plan Phase 1
- Canada and Alberta Take Action to Implement World Class Monitoring System for the Oil Sands [03-02-2012]
- Canada's Environment Minister Announces Integrated Plan for Oil Sands Monitoring [21-07-2011]
- Canada's Environment Minister Responds to Oil Sands Recommendations with Water Monitoring Plan [24-03-2011]
- Date Modified: