This page has been archived on the Web
Information identified as archived is provided for reference, research or recordkeeping purposes. It is not subject to the Government of Canada Web Standards and has not been altered or updated since it was archived. Please contact us to request a format other than those available.
Science of Climate Change
We are now confronting the reality that human activities are changing our atmosphere and altering our planet's natural climate system. The science of climate change is highly complex and global in nature. Advancing our understanding of the issue requires collaboration with scientific experts around the world. Environment Canada is a strong supporter and an active participant in international research efforts on climate change.
This section provides a general overview of the science of climate change, including:
- Information on Climate Change:an introduction to understanding the climate system, the greenhouse effect, and the causes and consequences of climate change.
- Information on the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC), which periodically assesses the status of scientific knowledge about climate change.
- Literature Reviews on recent developments in Canadian and international climate science research.
- Frequently Asked Questions about the science of climate change.
- Climate Change Publications
- Date modified: